AW: ydl2 on ibook2 with german keyboard?

Subject: AW: ydl2 on ibook2 with german keyboard?
From: tom (tom@freshbyte.de)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 07:50:26 MDT

Hello,

I installed ydl2 without problems on my new ibook.
But I am not able to get my german keyboard fully supported
in XFree.

I have all normal keys (even umlauts) without problems, but
keys that require ALT-GR (like all brackets, pipe, blacklash, at..)
do not work. Is there a way to enable my right-command key to work
as alt-gr? I was able to do so on the console, but not under X.

Thanks for any pointers,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I'm having the same prob with my TiBook.

With SuSE PPC 7.1 german layout just works fine, also sound with 2.4.2
Kernel.
BUT no pmud, and a Notebook without PowerManagement isn't worth anything.
So I'm trying around with installing the YDL things on SuSE and viceversa,
but untill now unsuccessfully(writing?grammer?).
The keyboard-Layout-things u can find in the SuSE a1 directory (kbd.rpm).
May be u can do something with it, but all the keyboard maps are named .kmap
or
.map and have a lot of dependencies.
IMHO the SuSE-Dist. is more european-friendly then YDL (no flames please),
so it would be easier to integrate pmud into it, then viceversa, but I'm not
skilled enough.
U can have a copy of mine if u like and try by yourself.

Tom

Tom Jan
janto@informatik.uni-muenchen.de