Re: subscription

From: pete (pete@linuxfreemail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 12:09:29 MDT

Dan- Thanks for the concern. Does the sender name begin with "yellowdog..."?
If so, it looks like I must have deleted the message in question...it was
several weeks ago that I had the problem. If the list manager's return
address would be something different, let me know and I'll look again.

The problem I was having had to do with Digest mode. I tried to convert my
subscription to digest, but received the reply from which I've quoted below
(with "]" characters in the left margin.)

 I thought I was subscribed multiple times as a result, because I was
receiving multiple copies of messages. Now, though I think that's a problem
with my email client (OE for Mac) and its IMAP rules and filtering, not a
problem with the list.

] Acknowledgment: The address
]
] pete@linuxfreemail.com
]
] was not on the yellowdog-general-digest mailing list when I received
] your request and is not a subscriber of this list.

Thanks again. I just sent a test message to the list-owner address, and will
forward you any automated response I get this time...

-Peter