Re: Booting Mac as a server...

Subject: Re: Booting Mac as a server...
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 09:29:26 MDT

on 7/25/01 10:10 AM, Joe at joerex@pacbell.net wrote:

> Are you sure?
>
> I have successfully run and repeatedly rebooted a 233mhz Grey G3 box as a
> server without a monitor. Is the 9600 an exception?
>
> Joe
>

> on 7/25/01 2:47 AM, WM@L-M-C.com at webmaster@l-m-c.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using a Mac 9600 with YDL 2.0 installed on it.
>> When rebooting under Linux, there is no need to have a monitor connected to
>> the box.
>> But when starting or rebooting under Mac (necessary on OldWorld system), a
>> monitor needs to be plugged into the card to allow start of the machine.
>> Is there a way to force a boot without a monitor connected to it?
>>
>> Philippe.

It is but here is an old trick - <<<WARNING- USE AT YOUR OWN
RISC!!!!!!>>>>>

Take a paper clip, bend into a u shape, insert one end into the fourth
pinhole from the right (while facing the back of the box) on the top row of
the monitor port and the other end into the 3rd pinhole from the right on
the lower row.

It will now think it has a monitor attached.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com