Installation Hangs?

Subject: Installation Hangs?
From: Niall Dalton (ndalton@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 15:39:59 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to install YDL 2.0 on a G4 mac. I have a zip drive and a zip
disk in the drive before I try to install. I'm using a Rage 128 video
card.

If I try the default installation process I've managed to get as far as
filling in the network information, then the installer hangs. If I try in
expert mode, it hangs on an error message "Error: you must complete the
following step first: core", it hangs when I press "Continue".

What's odd about the hang, I think, is that the light on my Pro Mouse
goes out, like it cut power to the USB or something like that?

Anyone any ideas/suggestions?

Regards,
Niall