Re: Wallstreet G3 new linux user questions

Subject: Re: Wallstreet G3 new linux user questions
From: Nick Shaff (spunkycadaver@mail.mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 15:42:36 MDT

On Wednesday 25 July 2001 12:37, you wrote:
> Hi, I just installed YDL 2.0 on my G3 Powerbook (Wallstreet) and am new to
> Linux. I have a few questions.
>
> One of the features I love about the Wallstreet is the hot swapable
> expansion bays. I use this a lot in Mac OS. Right now I have a Zip,
> Floppy, and CD drive, and I often switch the Zip and Floppy drives. Is
> this feature supported in Linux? If so, how?

Im fairly new as well but I think this works automaticaly in YDL...Ive
noticed that its re registered my DVD drive after I've reinserteded it into
the bay on my PB G3 (lombard)

> Also, is firewire supported at all? I have a Firewire CardBus PC Card with
> an attached CDRW. What do I do?

as for this I dont know...I know most if not all firewire is NOT working on
desktops with it built in

> Is there a good/stable email client that supports multiple POP3
> accounts? Where can I get it?

kmail comes with YDL and works quite nicely for me, can use multiple pop/imap
accounts though if you use a mac.com account you will want to not use their
smtp server as it uses an authentication process that is not yet supported in
kmail. kmail also has filters which makes it nice for me as well as the
multiple account support.