RE: Installation Hangs?

Subject: RE: Installation Hangs?
From: fulghum, matt (matt2@bcc.cba.ua.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 17:30:42 MDT

Seeing the same kinds of errors on my g3 upgraded powerbase. the X
installer works well enough to install all the packages, but hangs before
the network settings page. the text installer blew up half way through the
package installation. I'm going to try a smaller text based install tonight
and see how far I get. using the X based installer, I was able to get a
bootable system, but couldn't make sound work. I suppose I can live with
that if I have to though.