Waking up a Pismo PowerBook?

Subject: Waking up a Pismo PowerBook?
From: Bruce Thompson (Bruce.Thompson@corp.palm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 08:33:21 MDT

Hi,
     I've got a Pismo PowerBook (G3, 2000) running YDL 2.0. My plan is
to have it running primarily Linux and run MacOS via MOL. Though I'm
having some configuration issues with MOL, that's not the problem I
need help with right now.

     The trouble I'm having is that whenever I put the PowerBook to
sleep by closing the lid I can't seem to get the darn thing to wake
up again! I've only done this from X-Windows, not from a text console
so I cannot say if this is X specific or not. I'm running the default
2.2.19 kernel; sound appears badly broken under 2.4.X so I'm waiting
on that for a while (unless someone has some staggering insight!)

     Any advise, commiseration, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

        Cheers,
        Bruce.

Bruce Thompson		| "Pinkie! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Software Engineer		| "I think so Brain, but if they
called them Sad
Partner Engineering		|  Meals kids wouldn't buy them!"
Palm, Inc.