Basic '98 Powerbook Questions

Subject: Basic '98 Powerbook Questions
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 09:22:56 MDT

My '98 Wallstreet Powerbook formerly ran LinuxPPC quite well. Then it had an unfortunate run-in with the Mac OS X Drive Setup. In trying to reconstruct the linux installation, I am running into a continuing series of problems. I am looking at YDL2 as a possible solution. I looked around their site a bit, and did a quick list archive check, but I did not find the information I was looking for. I know YDL lists the '98PB as supported, but so did LinuxPPC. Yes, it runs, but ...

Specifically, how is the YDL2 support, "out of the box" for:

The ATI Mach 64 video card?
Sleep by command and by closing the lid?
PCMCIA, esp. CF cards?
VST Zip Drive and hot-swapping?

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
Microsoft: The company that made eMail dangerous.