LCD access on the ANS

Subject: LCD access on the ANS
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@micron.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 00:18:15 MDT

Dan :

Do you or any of your compatriates there at YDL have any information as to
how to gain access to the LCD on the Apple Network Server? I have a patched
version of lcdproc, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get the
LCDd server to talk to the LCD. The lcdproc site is of relatively no help nor
are the various ANS mailing list archives.

I've seen references to creating an lcd device (mknod /dev/lcd c 10 160), but
I can' t get it to function properly (apparently).

I'm hoping you guys have some useful inside info .

Or better yet an rpm that installs things correctly : ) ....

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Pat

--
Embrace the Penguin...