Re: newbie asks how to install

Subject: Re: newbie asks how to install
From: Matt Miller (mattrix@crimethinc.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 09:01:29 MDT

This didn't help at all... it's basically the readme file on the cd.

tar -zxf oo633b_installer.tar.gz
cd installer_633
chown -R your_favorite_userid:your_favorite_group ./

are these commands? oh heck... yes they are...
I did all that last night, except chown.
what does chown do, and why would I need to do it to install software?

-m@tt

--
dclvxi