Re: Getting Wu-ftp running

Subject: Re: Getting Wu-ftp running
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 15:05:53 MDT

on 7/28/01 4:01 PM, Rob Brandt at rbrandt@sbdsl.com wrote:

> I'm trying to get FTP services running on my server. I installed the
> wu-ftp rpm that came with YDL 2.0. I'v gotten anonymous ftp running, but I
> cannot log in with any 'real' account I've created on the system. My
> understanding is that any real account should be able to log in by default,
> without any special configuration done to the linux system or to wu-ftp in
> particular. I also understand that any configuration issues should be done
> in /etc/ftpaccess. I've rean the man pages for both ftpd and ftpaccess,
> but can't see anything wrong. Here's my ftpaccess file:
> =

I found that the system is running Kerberos-ftpd by default - make sure that
is turned off -

I am also having a similar problem with wu right now - I believe the rpm is
not configured to read the shadow passwords - thatıs the only thing I can
think of, I have set it up just like I did with OSXS1.2 but it is not
letting me in.

As an aside, webmin has a very nice Wu-ftp module.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com