Re: Getting Wu-ftp running

Subject: Re: Getting Wu-ftp running
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 15:30:34 MDT

We ought to get our own little club going, Robert.

Yes, I'm using the webmin module. At least I hope to. I don't understand
it enough to do anything with it yet. I did set the anon ftp root for it
though.

I'm not sure where to look for on the Kerberos-ftp issue. I've done some
snooping around in webmin, and I don't see anything identifiable as ftp,
wu-ftp, or kerberos listed under 'running processes', although I'm certain
wu-ftp is currently running. Under xinetd, I do see *two* listings for ftp
on port 21 using /usr/sbin/in.ftpd. They are marked as YES under
"Enabled?". Nothing else is enabled except pop3. Under inetd I see
entries for ftp, ftp-data and kerberos, but I should point out that I don't
see inetd listed as something being started when linux boots. Does that
mean it's not being used? I assume so, and that instead it is using xinetd
which DOES load at bootup.

What next?

Rob