Freeze after "Configuring Kernel Parameters [OK]"

Subject: Freeze after "Configuring Kernel Parameters [OK]"
From: Isaac (ydl@altruis.net)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 14:19:44 MDT

I have upgraded my Beige G3 to the new YDL 2.0 from a CD.

Here is my problem:
When booting Linux (via BootX), all is well until immedeatly after
"Configuring Kernel Parameters [OK]" is displayed. Then the cursor blinks
until I restart the computer. So now I can't boot into Linux. Or does it
take an unreasonable amount of time on the first boot?

What I've tried:
holding down 'I' doesn't put me into interactive mode, so I can't see
exactly where it is stopping.

I later tried using my old kernel(or whatever "vmlinux" is), and this
would boot somewhat well, although my keyboard was remapped, so I couldn't
log in with it. This makes me think my partitions are all working fine.

I've also tried reinstalling everything somewhere in my long quest to get
my box running the new(er) Linux.

Please help!

Does anyone know how to format partitions from a prompt? I might try this
and reload from the CD. I just don't know what program would do this, can
fdisk or pdisk?????

Thanks,
Isaac