Can't install a serial card on 9600 - kernel xrash

Subject: Can't install a serial card on 9600 - kernel xrash
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 14:43:39 MDT

I tried to install a serial card in my 9600 today. The card is recognised
by linux (/proc/pci returns info about the card).

However, the 2.4.4 kernel shipped with YDL seems to crash if you build it
with the serial card driver for 8250/16550 UARTs included. If built as a
module, this driver causes a crash upon insmod serial.

Does anyone have experience with installing additional serial cards? - are
there any magic options or conflicts that I'm missing?

  Iain