Does anyone have a ViewSonic monitor (i.e. GT770 or similar)

Subject: Does anyone have a ViewSonic monitor (i.e. GT770 or similar)
From: John Norair (splinemodel@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 14:46:42 MDT

OK, I know I've flooded this forum recently with stuff relating to
XFree86, but I won't sleep until I get this working. By selecting the
ViewSonic GT770 in the XConfigurator selector, I get an out of scan
range error (D'oh). By entering in refresh rates it doesn't work at
all. By selecting 1024x768 @ 75Hz I get a wacked-up picture.

XConfigurator doesn't solve the problem, so I'm currently trying to
manually enter the monitor info in the XF86Config-4 file. Right now I
am trying to determine the horizontal and vertical timings and the
DotClock, but my monitor's user guide doesn't list this information. I
tried some matrix reducing and such in an effort to determine if there
was some sort of relation between these things and the refresh rates,
but I couldn't find one.

Here's what I want:
1024x768 @ 75Hz, 60.2kHz
no real clue about the htiming and vtiming

If anyone has any idea how to solve this, please respond. I'm getting
very sleepy. . . ;)

Thanks,
John Norair