Using a USB modem on a G4 with YDL 2.0

Subject: Using a USB modem on a G4 with YDL 2.0
From: Robert Jones (rkjone@erols.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 12:51:06 MDT

Has anyone gotten an external USB modem on a G4 working with YDL 2.0?

If so, I would appreciate instructions on doing it. I am new to Linux (and
Unix) and have little understanding of how it works or how to fix problems.
I have a 500MHZ G4 with a 56K USB ZOOM modem. I have followed online
instructions involving Minicom, instructions in the book "Red Hat Linux 7
Weekend Crash Course", and the online Linux USB-guide, Chapter 2, "How to
get USB devices working under Linux", and I still cannot get YDL 2.0 to see
my modem. Is it possible to do this, or do I just have to be patient and
wait until YLD 2.0 works with USB modems?

Thanks,
Bob