Re: Waking up a Pismo PowerBook?

Subject: Re: Waking up a Pismo PowerBook?
From: Bruce Thompson (Bruce.Thompson@corp.palm.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 10:34:19 MDT

Hi,
     Haven't heard anything yet. Unfortunately. I still haven't tried
sleeping from a text console yet, so perhaps....

     As for setting the clock, the 'hwclock' command will do what you
need. If you're running MacOS regularly as well, then you want to be
sure everything is set up to have the local time in the hardware
clock, not UTC. MacOS depends on having local time in the RTC.

     To set the RTC from the system date use: hwclock -systohc. To set
the system date from the hardware clock use: hwclock -hctosys.

        Cheers,
        Bruce.

>If you get any info on waking a sleeping Pismo, I'd be very interested
>as well.
>
>I'm also running YDL2.0 on a Pismo. The one thing I've learned so
>far is never let the thing go to sleep! Not exactly convenient for a
>laptop.
>
>On a related not, whenever my machine crashes (from sleeping, lack
>of battery juice, &c.), the clock gets reset to 1904. Have you found
>a way to reset the system clock under Linux? "Date -set" works
>only until a reboot. It'd be nice not to have to go back into MacOS
>just to set the clock.
>
>Thanks
>Scott

Bruce Thompson		| "Pinkie! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Software Engineer		| "I think so Brain, but if they
called them Sad
Partner Engineering		|  Meals kids wouldn't buy them!"
Palm, Inc.