Re: Compiling xmps-0.2

Subject: Re: Compiling xmps-0.2
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 12:05:11 MDT

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 08:03:57PM +0200, Jose M. (josemanuel@valux.org) wrote:
> El dia Monday 30 July 2001 19:47, Rich Lafferty escribio:
> >
> > Your processor. :-) MMX are Pentium extensions, so the program
> > contains some x86 assembly code. You might contact the author of the
> > program and ask him if there is any way/are any plans to make it work
> > on platforms other than Intel.
>
> yes, but I've seen "xmps" rpm packets compiled for ppc
> platform ?? so I'm in an error or is possible to compile it?.

That's the "contact the author" part. It's not doing the right thing
on its own, apparently, so if it /can/ work on PPC, then you found a
bug in the build process, or you've missed a step, both of which the
author of the package could clear up.

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  "Do not dangle the mouse by the cord or