Installation Woes - Comm Ethernet on Performa 6360

Subject: Installation Woes - Comm Ethernet on Performa 6360
From: Smith, Max L (mls326w@smsu.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 12:07:21 MDT

I have a Performa 6360 with 136MB RAM and a 5GB drive that I'd hoped to
bring out of retirement as a server without X.

I have no problem with the Yellowdog 2.0 (Pomona) installation until the
network setup. DHCP is unable to obtain an IP configuration. The Ethernet
card is an Apple Comm Port card; it's not a PCI card but rather a
proprietary card slot for modems or network cards.

Does anyone know if Yellowdog supports and detects network adapters in such
a slot?

I could purchase and install a PCI network card, if necessary, but I'd like
to avoid the expense, if possible.

Thanks,

Max
Max Smith