Making CD from ftp'ed files

Subject: Making CD from ftp'ed files
From: Paolo G. Cordone (pamolo@indigo.ie)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 15:57:58 MDT

Hello everyone.

Sorry if this is a very basic question...I had installed YDLinux 1.2
a while ago, after purchasing it on CD.
Last week, I got ADSL installed in my home and decided to check
whether there was a new version of this distribution. I found it and
downloaded the entire content of the following directory:

ftp.yellowdoglinux.com//pub/yellowdog/yellowdog-2.0/ppc/

So far so good, however, I have difficulties in installing this. I
have burned a CD with exactly the same structure as the ftp'ed files.
However, the installer, thinks that the CD does not contain a RedHat
distribution.
In fact, I have noticed that nowhere there is a "ramdisk.image.gz"
which I could reference from the BootX CP.

How do I go about making an installer CD. now that I have all the files?

Any help is appreciated :-)

Paolo

--
Paolo G. Cordone