Re: Just Downloaded and Burned..??

Subject: Re: Just Downloaded and Burned..??
From: YellowDogLinux_List (y_dog@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 21:16:15 MDT

on 7/31/01 8:58 PM, Jeremy Parsons at jparsons@buckeye-express.com wrote:

> I just went through this the other day so this is one thing i can help with.
> You need to boot to your MacOS cd 1st and use drive setup to partition your
> drive. After partitioning and reinstalling MacOS boot into MacOS and insert
> the YellowDog disc. Go into the install folder and drag the
> BootX_Installer*.hqx file onto your desktop. Once it is on the desktop you
> can double click on it and it will take off.
>
> If you need more detailed help check this out.......
> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/guide_to_install.shtml
>
> Jeremy

There is no install folder on mine. When I downloaded this, it was a single
iso image. So I burned that in ISO format and the only file that is on the
disk is titled "YELLOWDO.GLI" Spelled exactly like that. The icon Mac OS 9
gives it is a generic document icon. That's all there is, no folders or
anything. What's the deal?

thanks..