Re: 3 button mouse emulation

Subject: Re: 3 button mouse emulation
From: Waldo L. Jaquith (waldo@waldo.net)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 13:06:38 MDT

Folks,

Eric Fronberg <enf@cisco.com> wrote:
> Ack.
> I've gone through the archives and don't see any resolution to this
> issue.
> Just installed 1.2 on iMac 333Mhz and I can't get access to 2nd/3rd
> mouse buttons.
> Used mouseconfig to config mouse and used "emulate 3 button" option.
> Found reference in archives to http://people.a2000.nl/omoerbe/? But that
> didn't yield any results.
> Also found reference to
> http://www.darthmouth.edu/~jonh/lppc-serve/cache/835.html
> Soln there was to do
> mousemode 3 -1
> mousemode 3 4
> Which also doesn't work (for me at least)

I've been watching posts on this for many weeks now. They come regularly,
and never with any resolution. I, too, would *really* like to get emulation
working, because I refuse to spend $50 on a mouse when I had three-button
emulation working just fine in CS1.0.

Is there an official response from YDL about this? I'm a little irritated
that a feature appears to have been removed from YDL without any public
acknowledgement. Especially given that every Mac comes with a one-button
mouse. This seems like a pretty important UI issue.

What gives?

Best,
Waldo

| cphack: you know you want it. |