Re: problem w/ boot configuration on G4

Subject: Re: problem w/ boot configuration on G4
From: Patrick Proniewski (patrick.proniewski@free.fr)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 02:52:30 MDT

le 3/06/00 2:31, david bonde à i97_bed@i.kth.se a écrit :

[snip]

thank you very much for the explanations, I'll try ASAP

> To boot MacOS again you need to reset PRAM - i.e. restart and push cmd-opt-p-r
>
> If you manage to create a dual-boot script, please let me know.

doh...
well that's not a good news for me, because I'm working most of the time on
MacOS, so having to re-write the OF each time I want to boot linux is really
boring.
Someone told me that using the install CD allow you to boot linux without
touching OF. But this guy uses LinuxPPC, and I'm not sure this workaround
can work with Yellowdog. He just press C on reboot, and in the green prompt,
press TAB and type "linuxppc".
I'll try this before dealing with OF...stay tuned :)

pat

--
"Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout s'empile"
                             - Mon Bureau -