Re: USB mouse rules

Subject: Re: USB mouse rules
From: Jerome (swttiggr2@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 17:41:55 MDT

on 6/2/00 11:53 AM, drew weirshousky at drew@plugnpay.com wrote:

> Leslie Owen Everett wrote:
>>
>> After struggling with default (1) button USB mouse that ships with iMac,
>> I decided to break down and buy (3) button mouse. Contour Design
>> http://www.contourdesign.com/unimouse make a (3) button, Plug'nPlay,
>> USB "UniMouse" that works like a charm with Yellow Dog Linux on iMac. I
>> opened box, plugged it in and started using 3 buttons in Linux. There
>> are probably lots of other good (3) button USB mice out there, just
>> thought I'd mention this for people struggling with default (1) button
>> mouse. Anyone have success with other (3) button mice? I'm looking for a
>> USB touch pad now...
>> Cheers,
>>
>> - Leslie Everett
>
> I hace a macally 3 button usb mouse with a wheel for the middle button.
> The wheel works as a button but not as a wheel. I haven't really had
> time to look into making the wheel work but whatever my ibook is only
> a toy anyway :)

i have a XLR8 Poing&Scroll USB mouse, works great right away in YDL, 3
buttons working(middle is the scroll wheel) AND if I use XFree86 as an X
server scrolling works with various programs right off too. x.themes.org
has a Xdefaults file that contains more wheel settings to allow scrolling in
programs like netscape and emacs and xterm i think. so with that xdefaults i
have scrolling in netscape, xmms, gnome/gtk programs. and various others.
it's awesome. now after my YDL 1.2 reinstall, emacs isn't reading my
.Xdefaults.... other than that things are peachy. :-P
  -Jeremy