RE: Yahoo!! X on Pismo is awesome!

Subject: RE: Yahoo!! X on Pismo is awesome!
From: Jeff Ridder (jridder@gci.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 01:09:39 MDT

Just for FYI, I went back into mouseconfig and selected the ADB mouse and
the trackpad started working.....how strange.

Jeff Ridder
jridder@gci.net

http://linuxcare.com.au/paulus/kernels.html
> Install the kernel and modules. Make sure that you have put
> append="aty128fb:vmode:17" in your yaboot.conf. You will also need to do
> "ln -s usbmouse mouse" in the /dev directory.
>
> Install the frame buffer driver for X. On the Yellow Dog CD its called
> XFree86-FBDev-3.3.6-11.2.ppc.rpm.
>
> At the command prompt type "mouseconfig --noprobe". This will let you
chose
> which mouse you want to use. I selected the 2 button USB mouse. This
will
> create necessary mouse configuration in sysconfig.
>
> Now run Xconfigurator and it should find the ATY Rage128. In the monitor
> list select Apple 99 PowerBook G3 Series. I got 8 bit and 24 bit running
@
> 1024x768. It attempts the 16 bit, but the server crashes. (I dont care, I
> want more colors!!)

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/