Atalkd not startable

Subject: Atalkd not startable
From: Ron Thompson (rthompson@apple.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 11:57:02 MDT

Okay, I feel stupid for asking this, but for some reason I cannot get the atalkd to start up under CS 1.2.
At home it works fine, but here at work it's not. It could be because of our strange Appletalk setup or whatever, I'm not sure, but the default config (and custom configs for that matter) aren't working for it.
When I start it up it says:
socket: Invalid argument
socket: Invalid argument
atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.

This even happens when I specify configuration in atalkd.conf, with eth0, or with any combo of config info.

BTW, the way our AT is setup is that our area has 5 different AT zones to choose from, which is supplied by one of our routers, then past that it goes to Apple's main routers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to use the computer as a file server for us Networking QA people...
Thanks!

Ron Thompson
Networking QA Engineer
Apple Computer, Inc.