Re : problem w/ boot configuration on G4

Subject: Re : problem w/ boot configuration on G4
From: Patrick Proniewski (patrick.proniewski@free.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 13:15:48 MDT

> De : Charles Stevenson <csteven@terraplex.com>
> À : yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> Objet : Re: problem w/ boot configuration on G4
> Date : Lun 05 juin 2000 16:44
>

> You can boot from the tasty morsels CD by typing:
>
> linux root=/dev/hda10
>
> replacing hda10 with your root device.

damn...it looks like my whole install of YDL is a loss of time
whatever dev/hdxyz I try to boot it fails...
If I ask for a dev that is not a linux one, it simply fails and prompt me
for a new attempt, if I ask for one of my linux partition (from hdb10 root,
to hdb13 swap) it fails on something, keep loading stuffs and finaly I got a
kernel panic ("unable to mount root filesystem" or something alike) and says
"reboot in 180 sec."

lurking on the tasty morsel CD after finaly typed "rescue", I've tryied the
fdisk enclosed. It was unable to find any partition in my disks...

pat