Re: 3 button mouse emulation

Subject: Re: 3 button mouse emulation
From: Eric Fronberg (enf@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 23:00:42 MDT

Mouse Functionality accomplished! My problem was mostly operator error.
After having followed the instructions in http://people.a2000.nl/omoerbe/
It was not clear to me how to 'invoke' the 2nd/third mouse buttons

I followed the advice at the bottom of the page and mapped keypad 0 and
Keypad . to 2nd/third keys respectively.

Cool.

Now given this excercise, I think that those folks who suggested a 3
button mouse were probably correct in the first place. I guess that I
couldn't hear that until I got it working and had the experience of
using the keypad -- not bad but a little awkward.

The suggestions for 3 button USB mice have been:

    KENSINGTON Turbo Mouse (a bit pricey)

    Belkin 3-button USB mouse (Has problems with MacOS)

    Contour UniMouse (Used at YDL)

    Logitech wheel mouse

    XLR8 Point&Scroll USB

Besides where noted, do any of other mice have trouble with MacOS?

-- enf