newbie question IBM RS6000

Subject: newbie question IBM RS6000
From: The Sherwoods (vintage2@mint.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 17:11:46 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to load Linux into an older IBM RS6000 server.
 I've managed to get an older 486 system running OK, but I'm stymied w/ the
6000.

the facts: IBM RS6000 C20 mod 7009; currently has no video card (I can get
IBM XGA-2 card NP) This is a single CPU PPC 120 mHz based machine w/ MCA
bus MB. Has 64m RAM and 2, 4 GB SCSI FW HDs and SCSI CD-ROM. Currently
has AIX 4.2 loaded.

My question is; anyone know if YD distrib. supports MCA bus? I know their
site says no but I've been told that the 2.2.n and above kernel does
include MCA support. If YD doesn't support MCA any ideas on how to make
this work? I'm hoping to have 3-4 of these systems soon, so I'd appreciate
any ideas or site pointers so I can get started. TIA.

Regards,
Peter S.