Re: Boot Floppy with serial console support.

Subject: Re: Boot Floppy with serial console support.
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 18:41:07 MDT

Stefan,

You should be able to use SuSE's zImage.chrp with our ramdisk.image.gz to
install YDL on your B50. There is a kernel bug that is preventing ramdisk
kernel works (nor do folks at SuSe know why it works and everyone elses
doesn't)... I'm literally putting at least a few ours into this very issue
on a daily basis. Folks at the IBM Linux Technology Center are also
assisting with debugging of this problem...

> Hi, I've been trying (Unsuccessfully of course) to instal YDL on several IBM RS/6000 B50's all of which don't have graphic cards on (I've ordered 8 to IBM but haven't received them yet). I was wondering if someone has already compiled a boot floppy image for CS 1.2 with serial console support on and could send it to me via e-mail.
>
> Any help is appreciated...
>
> Best regards
>
> Stefan Schneider

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/