OSX machine

Subject: OSX machine
From: Christopher Murtagh (chris@music.mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 09:26:14 MDT

Greetings,

 I have a G4 server that I'm trying to install YDL on with fairly limited
success (well, none really), and I suspect the fact that this machine
previously contained OSX server to be part of the problem. It seems that
this machine boots differently than others even after doing a low-level
format of the hard drives. Is this some Firmware that OSX server has
manipulated?

 I managed to get the open firmware to find my yaboot file, and it
appearst to try to boot from it, but it then boots into MacOS.

Any ideas on how to ge this machine to boot into YDL? Any help/info would
be much appreciated. My configuration is as follows:

G4 with 2 SCSI drives, second one has MacOS only, first has a small MacOS
partition (bootable) and 8th partition is Linux root.

Open-Firmware boot-device settings:

/pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0,0:7,\\:yaboot.tbxi

my yaboot.conf file:

init-message = "\nOne day I will boot!!!\n\n"
timeout = 5
default = linux

image = /pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0:8,vmlinux
    label = linux
    root= /dev/sda8
    novideo

 Once again, many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me get this
machine to boot.

Cheers,

Chris