Re: OSX machine

Subject: Re: OSX machine
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 13:37:05 MDT

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Austin Brower wrote:
>Howdy! I've worked on a similar machine recently, so hopefully what I did will help you.
>
>> Open-Firmware boot-device settings:
>>
>> /pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0,0:7,\\:yaboot.tbxi
>>
>> image = /pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0:8,vmlinux
>
>In yaboot.conf, you should be referring to the same device that Open-Firmware points at.
>So instead of the current image line you have in yaboot.conf, it should read:
>
>/pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D@4,1/@0,0:7,vmlinux

 Austin, Thanks a million! That was certainly part of my problem. The
other part was in my Open Firmware boot-device setting. I simply had to
remove the '\\:' before yaboot, and everything worked smoothly (well, it
booted anyway). I still suspect something strang in terms of the Firmware
(I think OSX patched it in some way) as this machine takes much longer to
boot. It is actually a lot faster if I boot up into OF and boot it
manually. Strange.

 Thanks again! My machine is up and running.

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. If you are ever come to Montreal, look me up, I owe you a beer. :-)

--

Christopher Murtagh Programmer / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada