RE: samba problems

Subject: RE: samba problems
From: root (root@msl.es)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 11:25:29 MDT

when using swat or editing the file /etc/smb.conf you will find this:
; encrypt passwords = yes
; smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
just uncoment the option and passwd will be send encrypted like windows,
now just check what security mode are you using (user mode requires a
acount in the linux machine)
and that the workgroup/machine matches.
To add a acount in the linux machine use smbpasswd,

hope this will help you,
regards,
                         Roberto