Re: Setting Kppp "user" permissions in KDE

Subject: Re: Setting Kppp "user" permissions in KDE
From: Leslie Owen Everett (leverett@tiac.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 14:37:37 MDT

I'm stymied, I can't get my favorite KDE Internet application "Kppp" to
logon to my ISP under YDL on my iMac as anything but "root". I'm running
it under SuSE Linux on my PC as user, no problem. Has anyone gotten
connection as a regular user in Kppp on the iMac? It works fine for me
as root, but as "user" first it asks for root password then gets killed
when I enter password. I've tried creating a "dialup" group, changing
permissions, etc. I'm missing something important. Any clues would be
much appreciated.
Cheers,

--
- Leslie Owen Everett