ibook died

Subject: ibook died
From: Omar Armas Aleman (oarmas@mps.com.mx)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 12:53:01 MDT

I received an iBook and the first thing I thought was 'I have to install
linux in it'. My idea was to make a 1gb installacion of MacOS and 3gb of
Linux.

It had MacOS, but for some strange reason it refused to boot from
MacOS installation cd(nor 'c' nor panel->startupdisk worked), but the
Yellowdog cd booted well.
Then I booted YDL and decided to use pdisk to repartition the disk(hoped
it solved the macos boot problem). With pdisk I did a 1gb hfs partition,
restared the machine and prayed for my macos installation cd worked, but
it didn't. When booting I receive a message "i/o error, restart holding
the shift key".

Now nothing boots, nor YDL nor MacOS. Any idea about how can I solve it?

I tried pressing <apple>-p-r, and it sends me to a MacOS interface, but
almost nothing works.

Omar