Re: Trackpad Draglock

Subject: Re: Trackpad Draglock
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 19:46:49 MDT

Donnie,

This is handled by the "trackpad" program. The default option is set in
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit (search for "trackpad" in that file). The default
mode is "notap". You should be able to just change "notap" to "tap" to
make things work. The changes will be applied on your next reboot, so to
activate it immediately, just run the trackpad command manually.

> Everyone was so helpful so far, I figured I'd ask another question. The
> other day, I was experimenting with different window managers, and when
> I finally decided to go back to Sawmill (Sawfish), I could tap drag
> things with my trackpad. I had never been able to do that before, and I
> didn't think it was supported. The entire evening I was over joyed,
> having saved hours of productivity time tap dragging everything. Yet
> the next morning after I rebooted, it no longer works, and I haven't
> been able to get it back no matter what I do. Is this configurable
> anywhere? I REALLY LIKE THIS feature.
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help,
>
> Donnie Fischer
> donnie@mac.com

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/