Re: synchronized time and date

Subject: Re: synchronized time and date
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 15:23:52 MDT

If you have some sort of internet connection you can use xntpd (I think
the rpm for this is called xntp3). Here we have it set up on all the
linux machines and it works great. One local machine sets itself via
about a dozen public ntp servers, and everything internally set
themselves to that system. There are gpl clients for loseblows
(95,98,NT at least) and the time control panel since MacOS 8.6 can also
sync to the internal server. Also. make sure your time zone is set (/usr/sbin/timeconfig).

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Stephen Covey