Re: synchronized time and date

Subject: Re: synchronized time and date
From: J.P. S. (rusticitas@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 16:23:54 MDT

Patrick,

   Since I didn't need an *exactly* syncronized time
setting (ie. doesn't need to be accurate to less than
a few seconds), I just set up a cron job that pulled
the date from one of the universities ntp servers (not
using ntp myself, I just figured they'd be a little
closer to accurate than some random server or
workstation). I used (in a crontab):

% rdate -s ntp.eecs.foo.edu