dual-boot yaboot not working

Subject: dual-boot yaboot not working
From: Liquid Smoke (ben@byrneweb.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 01:57:18 MDT

Earlier today I got my YDL CDs and have been eagerly going through my
first Linux experience. Most everything seems okay, except for 2
things:

1. My Mac is ignoring my "bootinfo.txt" script (so named in the
installation guide) and launching straight into the MacOS. I'm pretty
sure I typed the script up correctly, though I'm not entirely sure
what specific syntax things to watch for.

2. If I do a setenv straight to yaboot, YDL begins starting up as it
should but then stalls when "bringing up interface eth0"... Network
related or something?

Any help is appreciated. I'm using a Sawtooth G4 running MacOS 9 and
YDL 1.2. If there's any other system info I can give that'd help,
like an OF version or something, let me know. Thanks!

--

Ben Byrne ::: ben@byrneweb.com ::: http://www.byrneweb.com/ben

"I should have gotten a lot more done today."