Re: Start X problem

Subject: Re: Start X problem
From: Vanja Bucic (vanjab@UDel.Edu)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 11:44:39 MDT

on 06 13 2000 13:12, matthew vidic at matt@procopyonline.com wrote:

> Brought out the magnet...actually, writing zeros to the drive.
>
> Hoping a fresh start catches any mistakes i made on install, if any.
>
> Should X work on a mac 9500 w/ppc 604e? The YDL manual says so. What am I
> missing here?
>
> Matt

Could you explain the problem in a clearer fashion?
You say you used Xconfigurator; but you did not say if it worked (and did
you use startx?). Booting into console mode IS OK, and (if you asked me) is
a preferred way of booting up. All you need to do is type startx.

So my question is: does the X server start or not (not at bootup!), and if
not what are the errors the X server is reporting.

I apologize if you knew and did all this, but it was unclear from your
previous mail.