RE: B50 won't recognize CD as a Yellowdog install CD

Subject: RE: B50 won't recognize CD as a Yellowdog install CD
From: Vanco, Donald (VANCOD@PIOS.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 18:18:08 MDT

Well - I was finally able to install 1.2 (I did have a 1.2 CD, albeit
corrupt somewhere in the install tree).

All I had to do was:
Install 1.1
Copy the CD to an empty partition (well, the YellowDog directory at least)
Create a symbolic link from YellowDog to RedHat (the install looks for both
- HELLO??? Perhaps this is the source of the CD's failure to install)
Run the install for 1.2, pointing it to the above files

I'm now dealing with getting the B50 to boot from the HD (I am an RS/6000
neophyte). Between the worthless instruction in the <ahem> manual and some
kludged instruction I got from this list a long time ago I suppose I'll get
home by midnight EST.

Piece of cake! Can't wait to turn these instructions over to our
integration facility and tell them to load a hundred of these!

Don