X windows on a G4 AGP with NEC MultiSync FP950 monitor

Subject: X windows on a G4 AGP with NEC MultiSync FP950 monitor
From: Richard May (rrmay@igc.org)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 22:23:05 MDT

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting X to run well on an AGP G4 with an NEC MultiSync
FP950 monitor. It runs fine in 8 bit mode, in 16 bits it quits and asks me
to report the falure to XFree86.org and in 24 bits I get the left side of
the image repeated on the right side of the monitor, twice. All of this is
in the 1024x768 resolution. Other resolutions either quit or have the same
mirroring problem.

My first instinct is that I'm running the wrong X server. Or the current
one doesn't support graphics over 8 bits. I've checked the monitor in the
XF86Config file.

Could someone point me in the right direction to solving this?

Thanks,
Richard

--
Freedom of the press is limited to those who own one.
- A.J. Liebling