Re: How Do I Configure iMac Internal Modem?

Subject: Re: How Do I Configure iMac Internal Modem?
From: Alfonso AGNEW (aagnew@golem.math.smu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 09:18:03 MDT

Hi,

At the command line, do:

dmesg | more

to see where your modem is (press the space bar to page
through the info). On my powerbook, it says something like ttyS2 internal
modem (etc., etc.). I'm not where my powerbook is, so I regret that I can't be
more specific.

Also, I recommend using kppp to set up your ppp connection (if that's what you
mean by configuring your modem).

You might also find the linuxppc mailing lists helpful to search. There is a
link to the mailing list at

http://www.linuxppc.org

The FAQ-O-MATIC may help:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~jonh/lppc-serve/cache/1.html

Al

--
Dr. A. F. Agnew
Department of Mathematics

aagnew@mail.smu.edu http://www.smu.edu/~aagnew (214)768-2514

"Of all the communities available to us there is not one I would want to devote myself to, except for the society of searchers, which has very few living members at any one time." A. Einstein