kppp & TP Gold 2 modem help

Subject: kppp & TP Gold 2 modem help
Baroosk@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 17:59:16 MDT

Hello all,

I have a Global Village Teleport Gold 2 (14.4) modem and kppp and I'm trying
to make them work nicely together... (Yeah I know it's old school, but it's
as fast as the free-thru-the-school district connection goes so that's what i
gotta work with.)

I set up kppp and it dials the modem...
It connects...
i get the manual login script..
enter my name and pasword
and get disconnected.

kppp gives me no reason in the debug window other than i was disconnected.

Now, after this all happened, i can't see the modem any more. I shut it off
and on a few more times... It seems as if the serial port has not reset...

Any ideas?

John Boyarsky
Still up North, but this time with a better Inet connect... I hope!