Re: helixGNOME

Subject: Re: helixGNOME
From: Vance Dubberly (vance@fimcolorado.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 22:34:20 MDT

Actually every install I've done ( Red Hat 6.2, 6.1, Intel and YDL 1.2 on a
G3 all running XFree86 3.X ) with the exception of my G4 running XFree86
4.0 on yd 1.2, went almost too easy, almost Mac OS easy. Just wondering if
anybody else had XFree86 4.0 problems, problems included multiple RPM
dependecy issues during the manual RPM install, all inacurate and the
"/dev/dsp no such device" error I mentioned previously.

-v

on 6/12/00 11:32 PM, Neil Jolly at njolly@home.com wrote:

> Cyril wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 12, 2000, at 08:51 AM, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>>
>> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>>
>>> FWIW I've yet to get the autoinstaller to work, either -- either on
>>> LinuxPPC 2000 or YDL CS 1.1 (updated to 1.2), on several different
>>> machines (9500, 8500, iMac Rev. A, Pismo, beige G3). It constantly
>>> segfaults...
>>
>> The installer works fine on my Lombard running CS1.2... hmrmmm...
>>
>> Well, I'll add my own two cents here: I find it quite strange that one app
>> would run on one laptop, but not on several others! The installer also
>> segfaults on mine (and I tried several mirrors, just in case on e was corrupt
>> somehow).
>> Any ideas as to what would cause this segmentation fault?
>> Cyril
>
> Strange as it may seem. The installer ran fine on my Beige G3, and on my intel
> boxes with redhat 6.2 adn 6.1 as well.
>
> --
> "Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
> invention in human history, with the possible exception of
> handguns and tequila."
>
> Mitch Radcliffe
>
> Neil Jolly
> http://www.members.home.net/njolly/xppc/index.htm

----
Vance Dubberly
ColoradoSprings.com
WebDeveloper
719.577.4848 x106
That would be a glorious life, to addict oneself to perfection; to follow
the curve of the sentence wherever it might lead, into deserts, under drifts
of sand, regardless of lures, of seduction; to be poor always and unkempt;
to be ridiculous in Picadilly.
--  Virgina Woolf        The Waves