Re: Installation problem: mouse

Subject: Re: Installation problem: mouse
From: Michael Feeney (mfeeney@triad.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 10:09:37 MDT

>Michael,
>
>Sounds like you're booting the 1.2 installer and system with the vmlinux
>from 1.1. Can you verify this?

Well, sort of. I had dumped vmlinux into the "root level" of the
system folder, forgetting I was using BootX 1.1.1. Your reply woke me
up. Moved vmlinux into the Linux Kernels folder (even though the
BootX docs indicated that either location should have worked) and
everything installed flawlessly, including 3-button mouse. Thanks for
another excellent distribution. BTW, does YDL's vmlinux = Ben H.'s
Linux Final?