RE: B50 won't recognize CD as a Yellowdog install CD

Subject: RE: B50 won't recognize CD as a Yellowdog install CD
From: Stefan Schneider (stefan.schneider@comsat.com.ve)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 10:29:25 MDT

I can answer that question for him :)

I purchased my B50's with AIX (I'm no AIX nor Linux neophyte IMHO :) but
there is one thing that AIX can't do and which I need for transparent
proxying which is packet redirection using the AIX IPFilter package (Not
related to *BSD IPF package). Linux can do it through ipchains and thus is a
better choice for that application.

Besides... I find Linux a better choice than AIX for ISP's (not a religious
issue here but because Linux has more functionality) and altough I've
managed to port and compile several packages like PostgreSQL or Squid for
AIX you can't deny that since most of them have been developed with Linux in
mind they will run better on it.

Besides.. the power of a PPC processor+the unholy goodiness of Linux=one
happy guy :)

Hope this helps

S/Sch