hostname problem

Subject: hostname problem
From: Bryce Verdier (bverdier@pennnet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 15:28:50 MDT

I have a little problem, i don't know that i has happened to any of you
cause i haven't seen the problem show up.

Anyway, one my linux box here at work i was able to go to /etc/HOSTNAME to
rename the box... and after a reboot it took the name. Now my Mac-linux... i
did that, and it still hasn't taken the name. the prompt still says
"bob@localhost.localdomain".

And incase you were wondering yes i did make the change in linuxconf as
well.

its not a serious problem, but if any of you have dealt with it and remember
what you did to fix it, would you please share?

Best Wishes and stuff;
b.

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not
the reason we are doing it" -- Richard Feynman