XFree86 4.0 on NEC monitor

Subject: XFree86 4.0 on NEC monitor
From: Richard May (rrmay@igc.org)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 17:13:33 MDT

I am running XFree86 4.0 on an NEC MultiSync FP950. This problem occours
when using Xpmac or XF86_Dev servers in XFree86 3.x or the XFree86 4.0.

I'm using an AGP G4.

I can run 8bit mode just fine but 16bit is in reverse colors (ie: blue turns
out as yellow, red as cyan, etc) and overlaps duplicates of the screen on
the right side. 24 bit does not reverse the but overlaps as well.

I have setup XF86Config so that the Hsync and Vsynch match my monitor specs.

Any suggestions?

--
Lazy people are the smartest, they do things right the first time.

http://www.bigfoot.com/~rrmay