Re: XFree86-4.0 help: erratic mouse

Subject: Re: XFree86-4.0 help: erratic mouse
From: David Haines (djhain@music.umass.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 19:38:41 MDT

If this is a kernel proble, I don't feel too confident about upgrading my
kernel. I can't get through to http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/
(is there a mirror to this site anywhere ?), and it seems to me that there
are really /important/ issues involved with the G4, and that if I try to
compile my own kernel, I'll just end up in deeper water without knowing how
to swim (in this case).
    I downloaded kernel 2.2.15pre19 (and system map and vmlinux files) from
ftp://linuxcare.com.au//pub/ppclinux/kernels/ but is this even going to
work ?(!).
    Arggh...